Does anyone else find that they develop a slightly obsession to sale shopping at this time of the year? I get a weird pleasure out of finding beautiful pieces at ridiculously reasonable prices. Selfridges is one of my favourite places to go sale shopping, in the past I’ve managed to snap up a bright pink backless mohair dress by Sibling for £40, the original retail price was over £400! Although it’s bright pink, it was a real investment purchase due to the cut and the luxe mohair and I still wear it 4 years. That’s the mark of a true sale steal; a timeless piece you’ll keep in your wardrobe for years to come.
The best bargains are always found in store, but it’s so much more convenient to shop online so I’ve rounded up my favourite investment buys from Selfridges just for you:
- Reiss Xeni velvet dress – was £150, now £75 While velvet was a huge trend for AW16, I think it’s a pretty staple fabric so you’ll be able to wear it for years to come. This dress has a gorgeous midnight blue hue – my favourite colour – and a very simple, flattering cut. The simple lines of the dress are accentuated with the asymmetric neckline, a tiny detail which has a big impact on how this dress looks.
- Jimmy Choo Daphne platforms – was £620, now £375 I’ve got a confession, I love Jimmy Choo shoes. I ‘accidentally’ bought myself two pairs while I was supposed to be Christmas shopping last month, whoops! I love these platforms, which have a sturdy block heel, secure ankle strap and intricate whipstitch detailing. A stunning, classic shoe.
- MAC Nutcracker sweet matte lipstick – was £17, now £11.50 This may be a controversial statement but I think MAC’s limited edition collections have the best shades. I have a roster of staple lipsticks (Twig, Russian Red and Diva, since you asked), but the limited collections are SO covetable and usually sell out super quickly. I love the classic ‘So good for you’ red from the Nutcracker Sweet collection.
- Valentino ruffle neck jumper – was £1,000, now £295 This jumper is an absolute steal! And a gorgeous piece to add to your wardrobe. A pretty, timeless, neutral shade which is spiced up with a subtle ruffle, cable motif and metallic thread to keep it cute, this jumper would look great layered over a dress or simply worn with jeans and court shoes.
- MAC Nutcracker Sweet essential brush kit – was £45, now £31.50 From the same collection as the gorgeous ‘So good for you’ lipstick above, I also spied this pretty brush kit on sale. It includes the face blender brush, blending brush and small angle brush in a bold pouch. May your contour be perfectly blended throughout 2017!
Leave a Reply