Is everyone else completely overjoyed that it’s finally payday?! January payday always feels like discovering the end of a rainbow while angels are singing softly in the background. Pretty much everyone I’ve spoken to is counting down the seconds til they can indulge in a payday treat to pat themselves on the back for making it through the longest month relatively unscathed. One of my friends is eyeing up a gorgeous pair of iridescent Stan Smiths while another has already treated herself to an LVL lash treatment to perk up her lashes.
I’m so overwhelmed that I haven’t decided what to splurge on just yet. I was thinking about booking a little pampering treat like a facial or a massage, but I feel like a cheeky little designer purchase might be in order. As nice as it is to switch off and relax, sometimes all you want is something new and shiny, plus my bathroom cupboard is full of skincare treats and masks so every day tends to be a skin pamper day. Here are the indulgent pieces I have my eye on at the moment:
- Aquazzura Wild Thing sandals – £490I’ve had my eye on these gorgeous sandals since SS16. Inspired by the White Nights festival in St Petersburg, they have a hint of Russian influence. I love the red colour coupled with fun fringing.
- Gucci Dionysus shoulder bag – £1,530I’m literally looking for any reason to add a Dionysus to my collection, so someone help a girl out? I’m obsessed with this version, which adds a subtle floral pattern to the classic GG motif.
- Louis Vuitton LV & Me necklace – £305I’ve also had my eye on an LV & Me necklace for what feels like eons. I have a classic ‘Carrie’ nameplate necklace but an initial feels much cooler, especially when it is reminiscent of iconic Vuitton trunks. Stamped with a discreet LV, it feels super luxe.
- Rolex Datejust champagne dial 18k yellow gold ladies watch – £2,695Ok, ok, I know. A Rolex isn’t just a payday purchase, unless you happen to be a banker just after bonus time. However, I’ve just discovered a site called Xupes which specialises in second hand watches and fell in love with this pre owned rolex…which was much more affordable than I expectedit to be.
- Agent Provocateur Gloria kimono – £595If ever I want a really indulgent treat, I head to Agent Provocateur. There’s just something about beautiful silk or lace lingerie or nightwear to make a woman feel special. This kimono is classic but super beautiful which makes it the perfect treat.