The buzz surrounding Lady Gaga’s first foray into the world of fragrance has been building since it was announced last year. A steady stream of Chinese Whispers-like rumours have been doing the rounds ever since, including the infamous blood and semen rumour. Yesterday, actual concrete facts about the fragrance were announced and I have them here for your enjoyment and perusal.
1. The fragrance will be called Lady Gaga Fame. It will come in three sizes and the bottle is a distinctive, egg-shaped bottle designed by Nick Knight.
2. It will launch in August in over 30,000 stores globally.
3. Matching soap, body lition and body wash will be available shortly after the perfume launches.
4. It is the world’s first ever black perfume. Once you spritz it, the liquid will go clear.
5. The perfume has a “trampoline” structure, there are no top, middle or basenotes. The notes will be spritzed out in a random order.
6. It will smell like belladonna, incense, saffron, honey, apricot nectar, crushed tiger orchic and jasmine sambac.
7. The campaign and film were shot by Steven Klein and will debut in several September issues.
8. Retail launches and a special event at the Guggenheim will follow in September.
I've got a whip of this in one of these perfume stores in our area. It smells really nice. However, it's a little too strong for my taste.