Double florals

This is a rather optimistically summery outfit! I bought the skirt and shirt separately recently and immediately thought to team them up. Double floral print outfits may not be everyone’s cup of tea, indeed Hilary Alexander warns against going OTT when wearing florals in her column for The Telegraph. I only stumbled upon the article whilst sitting in the office decked out in my floral outfit. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound as they say. The shades in the skirt are very vibrant whereas the shirt is more muted and washed out which I think worked well together. As my day involved a lot of walking/standing/travelling, I wore my denim wedges which are super comfy and go-to shoes for when I’m going to be out and about after work. The wedges a bit of a statement shoe due to all of the buckles but still simple enough to wear with an outfit like this without being overpowering.

What’s the verdict, will you try out double florals or is it a no-no?

1. Syed
    July 21, 2011 / 1:54 pm

I really like the subtle florals of that shirt.

2. yiqin;
    July 21, 2011 / 5:55 pm

the top is not very loud so it works.

3. Tuesdai Noelle
    July 21, 2011 / 6:10 pm

Love the skirt! It looks REALLY nice on you and I wish floral looked the same on me. Sadly, anything floral print loves me about as much as a bushy dog would love standing outside in 98 degree weather! Never works. But I guess there's a "floral" for everybody…guess I just have to find mine 🙂

4. Style Eyes Fashion Blog
    July 21, 2011 / 8:06 pm

That skirt is amazing, I love the colours and it works so well with the blouse. I am definitely doing double florals this summer despite what Hilary says.

5. ♥ Sadie ♥
    July 21, 2011 / 9:44 pm

Love the outfit, you look fab.Sadie xwww.brandnewbutterflywings.com

6. Ginger Snap ♥
    July 21, 2011 / 10:05 pm

What a absolutely gorgeous outfit, mixing florals is a defiant yes yes! Thankyou for your comment lovely xxhttp://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

7. Kit
    July 22, 2011 / 12:00 am

Who said you can't wear double florals? They haven't experimented the style yet. It worked on Benetton's SS11 ad campaign and it works on me (actually triple florals).I love your subtle floral shirt with the heavy floral skirt…throwing confetti over you now.

8. Susie
    July 22, 2011 / 1:32 am

You look AMAZING, Reena! So nice to see your pretty face on here again! LOVE that skirt, btw! <3