Christian Dior couture Autumn/winter 2011

I’m finding it really difficult to convey how let down I feel by Dior Couture this season. The last few collections weren’t Galliano’s strongest but without him at the helm it has all come undone. The Dior show was always the highlight of couture week for me, it was the show that raised the bar and gave me goosebumps. My desktop background is an homage to past couture collections. Dior, especially the couture house, without Galliano was always going to be a difficult concept to grasp but the collection they have just shown in Paris can only be described as an eyesore and I am beyond disappointed. The collection has elements of Galliano (although the inspiration is said to be Marc Bohan) and has some sort tiny glimmers of promise but the execution is just terrible. There’s no cohesive vision and though there is some experimentation, it lacks Galliano’s finesse and polish. This is not couture, it’s a bad resort collection at best. The sumptuous luxury has gone and has been replaced by a garish mess.

* Source Style.com

1. Ginger Snap ♥
    July 5, 2011 / 8:33 pm

I definatly agree! Although the big hair i absoulutly love! Thankyou for your lovely comment xxhttp://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

2. Col Dixon
    July 6, 2011 / 10:46 am

Who designed this collection? Someone just finishing off their MA at St Martins and completely ripped off John Galliano… Watch the sales plumet!

3. E
    July 7, 2011 / 1:57 am

Yeah, nothing really stands out and wows me here. I agree.

4. FashionJazz
    July 7, 2011 / 1:17 pm

Wowothis is hecticly over the top. Not sure if I like it.m. Happy Thursday xx

5. Tuesdai
    July 7, 2011 / 7:31 pm

You're finding it really difficult to convey how let down you feel by Dior Couture collection this year, but I'm finding it really difficult to convey how let down I am about every fall/Spring/Summer collection that's come out since December 2009…yes, THAT far back!

6. Isabella
    July 8, 2011 / 8:30 pm

Totally agree, couture should be breathtaking and I found the only elements of the Galliano/Dior years were nearing the end of the show when those twenties influences crept back in, however limited. But as for the rest of the show, my opinion is that the house needs direction and fast. Elie Saab was stunning, Dior was a mess. Izzyx

7. danniekate
    July 9, 2011 / 9:30 am

i do really like the colour palette he used, though! xx

8. Haute World
    July 9, 2011 / 1:23 pm

I've said this on other sites that have shown these images before, and I'll say it again: most of these outfits would have sent contestants of Project Runway home. Aside from the lack of cohesiveness, many of the individual gowns themselves look way too costumey and garish. It takes a master to figure out the perfect balance between drama and elegance and Dior really needs to find someone who can accomplish this as well as Galliano.

9. Radiant.MakeUp
    July 9, 2011 / 3:48 pm

definately not the most impressive collection. still can't believe a/w collections are out – it's only just summer!! x

10. yiqin;