Matalan press day – High Summer 2011

Earlier on this week, I nipped over to the gorgeous roof terrace of the Sanctum Soho to have a sneak peek at Matalan’s high summer collection. The beautiful, tropical setting and gorgeous warm Spring weather made it idyllic for getting into summertime mode. As you know, I’m a huge advocate of the high-street and affordable fashion and I was really impressed with the range at Matalan. The range is surprisingly fashion forward and on trend, they’ve really bought into the 70s trend with gorgeous kaftans and billowing silhouettes, quirky, kitschy prints, tribal prints, nautical stripes and beaucoup de florals. The colours were gorgeous, bright and vibrant – perfect for summer days. The collection was just so effortless, perfect for the hot summer days. Most importantly, the prices are super reasonable so you can get these gorgeous pieces without breaking the bank.

1. tor (fabfrocks)
    March 28, 2011 / 2:51 pm

Surprisingly, I really like Matalan. Some of this tribal stuff looks great!

2. Leeann @ Join the Gossip
    March 28, 2011 / 5:13 pm

How awesome! You're always going to fun fashion events :)Great collection with beautiful colors and pieces!

3. Leeann @ Join the Gossip
    March 28, 2011 / 5:14 pm

P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway (open to international readers) which ends in a few hours. Be sure to check it out 😉

4. Charlotte Elise Jay
    March 29, 2011 / 7:43 pm

Looks amazing!!!I love the prints!Char x

5. Anonymous
    March 30, 2011 / 6:15 pm

I'll have the pink bikini please!Ps I love the Sanctum, hope you had fun there!www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.comwww.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

6. TheOnlineStylist
    March 31, 2011 / 6:28 am

Loving all the jewellery – the blue is just beautiful! For a trend such as the 70's, affordable fashion is just perfect. It allows you to indulge a little without breaking the bank.. I did so with some flares and a couple of tops recently. Great stuff here from Matalan – thanks for sharing! xx