London Fashion Week – Ashley Isham AW11

Last season, I was blown away by Ashley Isham’s ethereal goddess gown so I was very much looking forward to seeing the AW11 collection. The chaos and hordes of people outside the show was a precursor for the dramatic collection that awaited. The theme of the collection was ‘Enchanted forest’ and I couldn’t pick anyone more suitable to design darkly romantic and glamourous dresses for mystical woodland nymphs.

Surprisingly, the show opened with shorter dresses with a floral forest print. The form fitting silhouette and sexy cut out details ensured that the glamour Ashley brings to longer gowns was not lost. Ashley also included plenty of the show-stopping gowns he’s renowned for in murky purple-blues as well as brighter purples and red with metal embellished details and his signature twisting and draping. Metallic fabrics also featured heavily, contrasting with soft, sheer tulle and lace.

1. KIRAFASHION
    February 24, 2011 / 12:29 am

lovely prints πŸ™‚

2. Style Eyes
    February 24, 2011 / 7:55 am

Those prints are amazing. In really hope that there are some more afforable versions of these on the highstreet for AW11.

3. FashionLifeCoach
    February 24, 2011 / 1:04 pm

Special, although the collection does not hit my personal taste. The flower garden as AOP is still eye-catching. By the way: I am back in the row ;:-) later, FashionLifeCoach

4. Anonymous
    February 24, 2011 / 6:31 pm

I think the coloured prints work better than the black designs – especially the garden/sea green colours, these are my favourites.Loved your London Fashion Week tweets – thank you for keeping us updated!www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.comwww.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

5. yiqin;
    February 25, 2011 / 7:28 am

lovely πŸ™‚

6. Syed
    February 25, 2011 / 5:35 pm

Loving the floral prints. Yikes, did that one model fall over?

7. LaDorian
    February 27, 2011 / 8:26 pm

wows look like you are having at blast at london fashion week. Wish I could go πŸ™ Love this collection http://www.ladorian.blogspot.com

8. lavaaz
    February 17, 2012 / 5:42 pm

Ashley Isham: β€œFor me London is the fashion capital of the world!”http://en.newstyle-mag.com/interview/ashley-isham-for-me-london-is-the-fashion-capital-of-the-world.html