Break the rules

The jumper I’m wearing is three sizes too big and the skirt is actually supposed to be a slip. Sometimes, you need to break the rules. Wear a top as a dress, a dress as a top, underwear as outerwear, a nightie as a dress and shop without checking sizes. I love that fashion is so flexible, any ‘rule’ can be bent or flexed at your whim.

Both of these were sale steals from River Island. It’s not often I wear 80% of an outfit from the same place but the jumper and slip/skirt seemed like the perfect contrasting pieces. The soft fluffy jumper really tones down the potential overly sexy skirt. I’m sure I’ve snapped the platform wedges before, the camel tone was perfect with the leopard print slip and the outfit needed a little edge. Apologies for the messy bedhead, I’ve been in bed most of the weekend with a terrible cold! Next outfit pics will be a lot more polished.

Jumper – River Island, slip – River Island, tights – New Look, wedges – Topshop, ring – Yves Saint Laurent

1. S_S
    January 10, 2011 / 3:42 pm

I just love the way it mis-matches but works perfectly!!!! Im all about the underwear as outerwear trend!You look HAWT (as always)xxSxxwww.sarahs-scribbles.com

2. daisychain
    January 10, 2011 / 7:29 pm

Some rules were made to be broken, you look great!

3. Style Eyes
    January 10, 2011 / 9:01 pm

I love breaking the rules! especially by clashing/ mismatching and wearing colours that shouldn't go. I have an old evening dress that I have started wearing in the day with a jumper, all because I was too mean to go out and buy a maxi skirt. Love your skirt, I would never have guessed it was a slip, it works really well with this outfit.

4. Clazzerati
    January 10, 2011 / 9:51 pm

Well breaking the rules has certainly worked for you here – you look great! xx

5. Amina
    January 11, 2011 / 10:57 pm

i love what u did here, very creative and doesnt take a genious its individuality i love it!!

6. Helen
    January 22, 2011 / 4:09 pm

Your shoes are amazingly insane! I love them! x

7. Miss N
    January 23, 2011 / 5:20 pm

Love the outfit, and I totally agree about rule breaking. The most creative people are rule breakers!