Kate Moss for Topshop Autumn/Winter 2010

With just a couple of days left til Kate Moss’ final collection, I thought I’d take a moment to discuss whether it’s worth the hype. Since her first collection 3 years ago, there has always been a phenomenal amount of hype about each collection. Commercially, they were a huge success but I think there were always some people who were disappointed. Although the campaign shots always look great, I think that’s more down to Kate’s ability to sell anything. In stores, the clothes always looked a little bit ‘meh’ to me and they didn’t seem so much designed as pieces from Kate’s own wardrobe just slightly tweaked. But isn’t that what it’s about? The scores of young girls who queue up for a piece of the collection just want to emulate Kate’s style.

For me, that’s not really enough for me to buy something. I think I just expect something more. There are always some nice pieces and pretty dresses. What do you think, are you going to get a piece from the final collection?

1. Kb
    October 31, 2010 / 4:34 pm

There's one dress I quite like but at £80, it's far too much. I don't think recent collections ever reached the hype of her first collection (where I bought 3 pieces) and most were just haphazard clones of her wardrobe.

2. sarahbetty
    October 31, 2010 / 10:58 pm

Hey Reena,I'm the same as you, I always got lost in the hype and quite excited about it. Then I'd go in the shop and it's just NEVER the same. I think I own one dress and I do love that, but the rest of it just never looks as good as it does on the Moss.Sarah Betty xxhttp://www.sarahbetty.co.uk

3. Style Eyes
    November 1, 2010 / 5:31 am

There were a few pieces that I liked but I never really got around to buying them. I guess I can't really be bothered with all the hype.I love the cardigan in the second picture.

4. ByeByeSoccerMom
    November 1, 2010 / 12:10 pm

what a cute video!

5. VICTORIA
    November 1, 2010 / 3:28 pm

Kate Moss and Topshop are just both heartbeating in general! I love the video. It feels so .. I dont know. Insightful? Anyhow, love your blog! :)love,http://the-dazed.blogspot.com

6. the style crusader
    November 1, 2010 / 4:36 pm

i've never bought anything from the Kate Moss lines… the quality always looks a bit dodgy and the prices are way too high. no plans to buy anything from this one either. it will be interesting to see what it's like though… last season's was my favourite so far. xx