Sheer skirt obsession

Lately, I’ve become obsessed with sheer skirts. I know some of you may think a sheer skirt is a bit silly and impractical, but bear with me. They have already made the transition from catwalk to celeb – Dior and Jens Laugesen put them on the catwalk seasons ago and the Olsens are loving them. Now, the likes of Topshop are starting to embrace sheer skirts in a much more wearable way than couture shows or red carpet events will allow. Not so scary, right? I don’t think the Topshop ones are in store yet, so I may have to attempt making one. I may just figure out what to wear with it by the time I get around to making it!

* Source True Queen, Huffington post, Style Eyes, Topshop

1. Y
    August 30, 2010 / 1:24 am

Hmm.. I like this idea! Though it doesn't sound very warm.. you should've posted this earlier! :p

2. Style Eyes
    August 30, 2010 / 7:25 am

I have a sheer black pencil skirt. It is great for layering it underneath a shorter skirt or dress and somehow completely changes the look of an outfit. I am considering wearing it over some cropped leggings/ shorts but am not sure if I brave enough for this. I love the fuller sheer skirts too.

3. Christina Sanders
    August 30, 2010 / 7:37 am

I agree totally! I've been looking on ebay but it is really hard to dins anything other than dodgy underwear! I may have to resort to a topshop one.Lots of love Christina x

4. Fashion Limbo
    August 30, 2010 / 8:40 pm

This is a tricky trend and it will be hard to imagine unless one actually takes the plunge and starts experimenting with the look.not sure how I could make it work…mmmmm the jury is out on this one

5. FashionJazz
    August 31, 2010 / 7:56 am

Ooooh I love this too….we going into spring here, BUT I have yet to any skirt even remotly close to these fab ones you posted : (

6. Eden
    August 31, 2010 / 11:11 am

I'm in LOVE with everything sheer and transparent!There's lots of it in my blog,check it out :))http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

7. Currently loving it
    September 10, 2010 / 1:14 am

It's so subtle, but really sexy. A sheer skirt will definitely be one my new addition to the closet.

8. Manmeet Sachdev
    January 21, 2012 / 11:18 am

love the ones that the Olsen twins are wearing…great post 🙂