It’s Boxing Day morning and the house is as quiet as a mouse. You can’t hear a peep….except…for me sneaking out the door at an ungodly hour. Yep, it’s sales time. Boxing Day sales are one of my most favourite rituals and I’ve been going to the sales for about 7 years now. There are two rules I swear by: be organised and shop smart.
Know where you’re going and how you’re gonna get there – Check trains/tubes are running!
If you’re outside of London, double check what time the shopping centre opens
It pays to arrive early, most people can’t be bothered!
Comfy flat shoes and comfy clothes are a must
It’s so easy to buy current trend pieces which you will only wear for a couple of months. I prefer to shop next season’s trends now, and very occasionally I shop for classic items. The trends I’m going to be keeping an eye out for are:
* Neutral colours – Peaches, ice blues, dove greys, creams
* Texture – Lace, chiffon, very light fabrics and Grecian draping
* Shoulders – One shoulder or strapless dresses or jumpsuits. Though I think I might steer clear of dresses, my wardrobe is overflowing!
* Shrinking hemlines – short shorts, shorter skirts and the shortest dresses
* Embellishment – Sequins, beading, studding, anything. Extra points for anything with military or tribal influences
* Images Style.com