Gemma Ward to retire

Apparently the lure of Hollywood is too much for Ms Ward and she is going to announce that she’s going to ‘officially retire’ soon. She’s been getting rave reviews for her acting…but if it was me, I wouldn’t turn my back on modelling! Gemma’s currently the world’s 11th highest paid model, she’s been the face of Dolce, Valentino, Dior and Louis Vuitton accessories, opened and closed for some of the biggest names in fashion not to mention countless Vogue editorials. But hey, whatever makes her happy! Her new movie The Strangers looks amazing. UPDATE: Gemma’s not retiring yet, according to Vogue. She’s just taking time out and not appearing in the Spring/Summer 09 shows. Phew!!

1. Sharon Rose
    August 21, 2008 / 7:21 pm

If I were her, I wouldn’t retire-look at Linda, christy and naomi!!

2. Kira Fashion
    August 21, 2008 / 7:54 pm

is she acting now? i didn´t know, but that´s cool!a kiss!!!

3. Cupcakes and Cashmere
    August 21, 2008 / 8:35 pm

good call sharon! i think she’s got a lot going on for her and i would definitely not rule out modeling. she can still do both.

4. Danz
    August 21, 2008 / 9:14 pm

Wow, it seems so early in her career to be retiring, at least she’s a sure success in the modelling world. However, it’s always good to take risks in life, so good for her and I wish her all the best!

5. Anonymous
    August 21, 2008 / 11:33 pm

what a unique face. I agree. Maybe the film world is too much. Its a really intense place to be and can drive you to really dark places if you don’t have the proper support structure (look at Britney…case in point!).thanks for the post. again, an amazing face!

6. Savvy Mode SG
    August 22, 2008 / 4:47 am

she should try to do both.